The Leadership Development Days (LDD) is a three-day weekend filled with practical, hands-on experiences, moving worship services, workshops, networking and more for United Methodist Women members newly elected to leadership positions of the organization and anyone who wants to participate.
Sample Weekend Overview
|10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
||Pre-registered workshops, book sales, computer lab and other activities
||Discernment event continues throughout weekend
||Opening worship and plenary session
|7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
||Self-selecting United Methodist Women program initiatives
||Meet and greet
||Morning plenary session
||Pre-registered workshops throughout the day
||Dinner and evening program
||Plenary session and closing worship (end by 12 noon)
Workshop Descriptions Recommendations by role or responsibility
- Tools for Spiritual Growth
- Discerning to Lead
- Music and Worship
- Standing in Our Faith: Water as Spirit, Life and Justice
- Developing and Sharing Our Own Language and Theology of Social Justice
- Racial Justice Caucuses 2016
- UMW Priority Issues Integration
- The Circle Way
- Leadership in the Church: Making Our Presence Known
- United Methodist Women: Living into Flexible Structures
- Designing Presentations for Learning
- Creating New Spaces for United Methodist Women
- Communicating Across Generations
- Mentoring for Success and Impact
- Storytelling: Telling the UMW Story