Leader works actively to fulfill the Purpose and find creative ways to assist communications within United Methodist Women. She will:
- work with elected leadership to promote the organization and Purpose as well as publicize United Methodist Women activities at all levels;
- serve as the contact person for district communications coordinators, provide and promote United Methodist Women resources and how to use them, as well as conduct training at least annually, as determined by the Leadership Team, and provide training to develop techniques in publicity;
- establish and maintain contact with church and secular press;
- serve as editor of the conference United Methodist Women's newsletter, newspaper or column;
- serve on the following committees: Leadership Team, Program, and others as assigned; and
- ensure that conference and district United Methodist Women actions are promoted via the Internet and social media, enlisting help as needed.
Accessible Icon: Help your members and the public think differently about those with disabilities. Use this updated symbol in your communications, at events and in the church parking lot.
From Digital Rookie to Digital Pro
: Use these guidelines to engage social media for social justice, activism and member outreach. Includes coverage of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and blogging.
Communicating Across Generations
Understand the barriers to women under 40 within United Methodist Women as well as barriers around race, economic status and language.
Communicating Faith in the 21st Century
For too long the voice of people of faith has been hidden, drowned out or made altogether silent in the public media.